MergerWatch, New York City
Deadline: October 15, 2014
MergerWatch is seeking a dynamic individual to join our staff as Advocacy Coordinator. This individual will report directly to the MergerWatch Director.
Key areas of responsibility
- Provide information, strategies and technical assistance to state-based health advocates and clinicians fighting proposed health industry transactions that would impose religious restrictions on historically non-religious hospitals, clinics, health systems and individual clinicians.
- Contribute to MergerWatch research into/analysis of health industry trends – such as the growth of Catholic health systems and their expansion into integrated delivery systems and health insurance – in order to identify emerging threats to reproductive and LGBT health access, and develop recommended intervention strategies and public policies.
- Communicate our research findings and recommended strategies to national and state health advocates through conference and webinar presentations, development of fact sheets/briefing papers and regular updates to the MergerWatch website and social media outlets.
We are seeking a motivated, dynamic individual with a strong commitment to reproductive and LGBT health care.
- At least three years’ experience in health care advocacy, preferably with knowledge of reproductive and LGBT health issues and familiarity with the American health care delivery system.
- A graduate degree in public health, public policy, health advocacy, social work, law or a related field.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Strong writing and speaking abilities, including being able to explain complex health policy issues simply to diverse audiences.
- Ability to think strategically, identify opportunities and develop advocacy options.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities, in consultation with supervisor.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with a diverse array of individuals and organizations.
Please email a resume, cover letter, 3 references and a short writing sample by October 15 to: Lois Uttley, Director, at email@example.com – please put “Your Name – Advocacy Coordinator Application” in the subject line. No phone calls.job lgbtq reproductive rights