Lecturer in Health Ethics, Law And Professionalism
Deakin Business School and Deakin School of Medicine
Deadline: December 04, 2016
The Lecturer in Health Ethics, Law and Professionalism will be required to teach, undertake research and publish in the areas of health ethics and/or health law, and professionalism.
The appointee will promote the School and establish and maintain links and partnerships with relevant academic, industry and professional communities.
The appointee will make an independent contribution to the School’s teaching, research, and program development.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
PhD in a relevant field.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to the Faculty’s undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates, and inspires students to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and administer assessment regimes and provide feedback that fosters independent learning.
- Experience in teaching and supervision in health ethics and/or health law and/ or professionalism at undergraduate or postgraduate levels.
- Experience in developing curricula and educational resources that reflect an understanding of the practical application of ethical or legal principles in the context of healthcare service delivery.
- Knowledge of multi-literacies and experience in teaching effectively in a technology- enhanced contemporary higher education environment.
- Capacity to supervise research students in health ethics and/or health law and/or professionalism.
- Capacity to attract funding for research activities.
- Proven research activity in health ethics and/or health law, including a sound record of publications in highly ranked academic journals.
- Ability to contribute to the development and maintenance of partnerships with professional associations and the health and tertiary education sectors and with domestic educational institutions and industry.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equal Opportunity principles and practices, and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, the staff of the Faculty and School and with other members of the University.
- Commitment to the University’s Mission, Core Commitments and Values which include – excellence, academic freedom, collegiality, continuous improvement, ethical behaviour, accountability and environmental responsibility.
DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Current or recent (within last five years) practitioner in a health profession recognised by AHPRA or practical experience in the health care sector.
- Have completed the Graduate Certificate of Higher Education Learning and Teaching (GCHELT) or equivalent.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Administration of academic programs, such as course or unit coordination.
- Attracted research funding or consultancy income in the area of health ethics and/or health law.
- Participation in relevant committees and/or board structures.
- Demonstrated personal quality of leadership. • Flexibility in adjusting to work requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online via:
Include cover letter, curriculum vitae and a response to the Selection Criteria.
Please quote reference number: 160619
Read more and apply here!job medicine opportunity research