AMA Journal of Ethics
Deadline: February 17, 2016
The American Medical Association (AMA), the nation’s largest professional association of physicians, has a dynamic opportunity for the right individual. In this role you will provide fact-checking and proofreading; provide graphic support for AMA Journal of Ethics (JOE) staff; maintain author and issue editor information; and deliver and monitor content to indexers and content databases.
- College degree required.
- 2 plus years experience in editorial or publishing office or equivalent is desirable.
- Knowledge of medical and bioethics terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of proofreaders' marks, the English language, spelling, and grammar.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database management.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including strong, professional telephone and media skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills including the ability to handle and prioritize a number of different tasks simultaneously.
- Able to efficiently work independently and to work with all levels of staff and be a demonstrated “team” player.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
Please apply to our employment website at https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=2&c=ama-assn. Additional information can be found at www.ama-assn.org .
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.