Faculty Fellow in Health Law and Intellectual Property
Jaharis Health Law Institute at DePaul University
Deadline: Open until filled.
An endowment at the DePaul University College of Law funds a faculty fellowship program for scholars to create and disseminate scholarship and teach courses where two dynamic legal fields are increasingly intersecting—intellectual property and health law. The fellowship is designed to encourage scholars interested in entering a career in legal academia in these fields. The Jaharis Faculty Fellow will work with and be mentored by faculty from DePaul’s nationally-ranked Mary and Michael Jaharis Health Law Institute (JHLI) and Center for Intellectual Property Law & Information Technology (CIPLIT®).
The fellow will be expected to:
- Develop and teach new curricular offerings at the intersection of health law and IP
- Write and present scholarly work in health law and IP
- Supervise and advise LLM and MJ students in these areas
- Support the work of CIPLIT® and JHLI
The appointment will be for one academic year, with the possibility of extending for one additional year.
- JD degree or equivalent
- Excellent writing skills
- Either relevant job experience or relevant scholarly work at the intersection of health law and IP
- Other advanced degrees are preferred but not required
A formal application through our Faculty Opportunities website must be submitted with the following materials. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- Curriculum vitae and Cover letter
- Teaching statement (including list of courses interested in teaching)
- Research statement (including a description of research focus and short description of planned projects)
- Contact information for three references
- Writing sample
- Law school and/or graduate school transcripts
For application information please visit go.depaul.edu/jaharisfacultyfellow.
Questions concerning the Jaharis Faculty Fellowship should be sent to the Mary and Michael Jaharis Health Law Institute Faculty Director, Wendy Netter Epstein at firstname.lastname@example.org opportunity