Finance and Operations Assistant
Kennedy Institute of Ethics
Deadline: June 19, 2016
Finance and Operations Assistant – Kennedy Institute of Ethics
Job Number: 20160453
The Kennedy Institute of Ethics, one of the world's premier bioethics institutes, is seeking to hire a Finance and Operations Assistant. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Works closely with the Head of Finance and Operations in all aspects of the central administrative and financial operations of the Institute.
- Provides a broad range of operational and financial support by serving multiple roles in the Georgetown Management System (GMS) Financials.
- Serve as the office manager (ordering supplies, fielding phone calls, submitting facilities work orders, and coordinating office moves) and provide administrative assistance to faculty and staff.
- Manage the KIE Director’s calendar.
- Serve as the event coordinator for KIE events, including the Intensive Bioethics Course.
- Responsible for all event logistics such as reserving event space, ordering catering, managing travel arrangements, and correspondence.
- Responsible for managing and scheduling KIE event space.
- B.A. in business administration or related field.
- At least 2 years of administrative and financial experience in an office setting.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with little supervision.
- Must be detail oriented and able to think outside the box to solve issues creatively.