Manager of Online Initiatives
Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (PRIM&R)
Deadline: August 15, 2016
Overview: Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (PRIM&R), a nonprofit organization based in Boston, is dedicated to advancing the highest ethical standards in the conduct of research. PRIM&R is currently recruiting for a Manager of Online Initiatives.
Responsibilities: The Manager of Online Initiatives supports PRIM&R’s marketing and communications efforts through the oversight of the organization’s websites, blog, social media channel, podcasting program, career center, and professional list serv. S/he works closely with peers and senior staff to amplify and project PRIM&R’s vision and mission through online channels. His/her work will range from conceptualizing and creating website and onsite communications improvements and features to evaluating the usability and success of online marketing touchpoints.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee day-to-day maintenance of websites.
- Develop and manage web site content management strategy and implementation plan.
- Perform web project management, assuring deadlines are met, and user experience is improved.
- Proactively scope and present new ideas to improve the website experience for all audiences.
- Drive persona and scenario development.
- Report on website statistics using Google Analytics, and create actionable recommendations based on those statistics.
- Manage SEO activities.
- Surveille relevant, like-minded blogs to identify cross-posting and guest blogger opportunities.
- Optimize content for search engines and lead generation.
- Grow blog subscribers and expand the overall blog's reach.
- Grow and manage PRIM&R’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels as trends and needs dictate.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about PRIM&R, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and leads and from new audiences.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Identify new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target audiences.
Send your resume (with salary history), online portfolio of site(s) under your management, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED. You may also apply via fax (617.423.1185) or mail (PRIM&R, Attention: Manager of Online Initiatives Search, 20 Park Plaza, Suite 720, Boston, MA 02116). No phone calls, please.
The ideal candidate must be creative, tech-savvy, energetic, and willing to juggle many projects and priorities. S/he should also possess excellent writing, editing, verbal and organizational skills; be detail oriented and forward-thinking. At least 3-5 years of web/content development and management experience and a BA/BS degree are required. Experience at a non-profit is helpful, but not required. The ability to travel and a team spirit are very important.
A strong customer service focus is a must, as are excellent role-appropriate computer skills. Database experience (netFORUM) is important. Additional desirable skills include Adobe Creative Suite, demand generation marketing, and inbound marketing.
- Strong background with appropriate web tools; experience with Ektron highly desirable.
- Energetic, creative problem solver with goal to improve audience experience and drive their action.
- Ability to use analytics and other data to design periodic user studies that address user behavior and attitudes, and generate actionable insights.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale online marketing strategies and tactics across all channels in the portfolio.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Command of each social media network and its best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Additional Salary Information: This is a full-time position. This is not a remote position, and relocation is not available. PRIM&R offers a generous benefits package, including vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k) program, and more. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Internal Number: PRIMRMOI72016
Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (PRIM&R), a nonprofit organization in Boston, MA, advances the highest ethical standards in the conduct of biomedical and social science/behavioral research. We accomplish this mission through education, membership services, professional certification, and public policy initiatives. PRIM&R’s core values include: Excellence, Community, Diversity, Integrity, Knowledge, Respect, Social Responsibility, and Creativity. Visit www.primr.org for more information.