Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Baylor College of Medicine
Deadline: Open until filled.
Posting Number: 228945DP
BCM Department: Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston
Salary Range: Hiring up to $55,000 Commensurate with experience
Employment Duration: Full-time
Staff Job Category: Administrative Professionals, Hot Job, Research/Scientific
The Baylor College of Medicine Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy is hiring an experienced full-time Research Associate for a non- laboratory research position. The Research Associate will work with a team of researchers in the field of ethical, legal, and social implications (ELSI) of genome sequencing on several ongoing and new research projects exploring these issues.
- Provide assistance with and contribute to quantitative studies of ELSI issues in new and ongoing research projects.
- Assist with development of survey instruments for new projects.
- Oversee data collection and management to ensure quality of data, and identify and address issues as they arise.
- Analyze quantitative data.
- Build reports based on findings for research team and collaborators.
- Prepare and assist with preparation of papers and presentations for dissemination of findings.
- Help prepare and submit materials as needed to the Institutional Review Board and funding agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Master’s degree or the equivalent in one of the social sciences, public health, bioethics or related field.
Required: Minimum one year relevant experience in conducting social science or bioethics research.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills (e.g., SPSS, STATA)
- Demonstrated analytical and written communication skills, including proficiency in scientific writing
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Capable of multi-tasking effectively, prioritizing complex deliverables, and working independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Candidate should be extremely dependable and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
The following is a list of the Required and Optional documents for this position. Please be sure to have them ready before you submit your application.
Required Documents: Resume/CV
Optional Documents: Cover Letter