Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Baylor College of Medicine
Deadline: Open until filled.
Research Coordinator III
Posting Number: 282657DP
BCM Department: Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston
Salary Range: Hiring up to $42,000
Employment Duration: Full-time
Staff Job Category: Health Care, Hot Job, Research - Clinical Trial, Research/Scientific
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a full-time Research Coordinator for a non-laboratory research position. The individual hired will be responsible for providing research support for a team of researchers in the field of ethical, legal, and social implications (ELSI) of genomics research on a multi-institutional collaborative project exploring the integration of genome sequencing in a clinical setting.
- Provide research support for new project on the ELSI of genome sequencing, including organizing project files, scheduling project activities and meetings, and coordinating with co-investigators, collaborators, and project personnel to move project forward.
- Maintain project databases and track and report on project components to ensure timelines are adhered to and deadlines met.
- Conduct comprehensive literature searches on bioethics literature.
- Assist with survey instrument development and quantitative data analysis.
- Assist with manuscript preparation and references for publication.
- Help develop project protocol and coordinate updates throughout the project.
- Project assignments may change based on funding and specific project needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills required and must be able to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in a related field ( or one of the humanities, social sciences, public health)
- Required: Two years of relevant experience in a research setting with Bachelor degree or Six years of relevant experience in a research setting without a Bachelor degree.
- Preferred: Experience with quantitative data analysis software programs (e.g., SPSS, STATA).
For more information about Baylor College of Medicine and the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, visit our website at www.bcm.edu/ethics.
The following is a list of the Required and Optional documents for this position. Please be sure to have them ready before you submit your application.
Required Documents: Resume/CV
Optional Documents: n/a