Technical Officer (Governance and Legislation)
World Health Organization
Deadline: April 09, 2015
Vacancy Notice No: WPRO/15/FT112
Title: Technical Officer (Governance and Legislation)
Contract type: Fixed-Term Appointment
Duration of contract: One Year
Application Deadline: 9 April 2015
Duty Station: Manila, Philippines
Organization unit: WP Western Pacific (WP); WP/HPF Health Policy and Financing (WP/HPF)
Objectives of the Programme:
To assist countries to develop robust, coherent, and realistic health legislation, policies, strategies, and plans, with strong links between national and operational levels, and to monitor their implementation. To support Member States to progress towards universal health coverage through the development of a health financing system, including revenue collection, pooling and purchasing, so to assure access to needed services (promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative ) without financial hardship.
Description of duties:
Under the direct supervision of the Health Policy and Financing (HPF) Coordinator, the general guidance of the Director of Health Systems (DHS) and in close collaboration with the DHS team members, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop framework and support reviews of country health system governance in general and with a specific focus on health financing and service delivery.
- Manage and supervise country reviews on legislation and policies in health financing and service delivery in the context of fiscal and political decentralization, including regulation for private sectors.
- Facilitate country policy dialogue using evidence based briefs and process; and facilitate sharing experiences and lessons learned in the region and beyond.
- Provide technical assistance in the development and implementation of national policy, strategies and plans (NHPSP) including preparation of legislations and law enforcement.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of the regional database on public health law and NHPSP.
- Facilitate regional and country specific workshops for capacity building on governance, including strengthening the regulatory system for law enforcement.
- Work with other programmes to support countries' specific request on legislation planning and policy development in broader health system perspectives.
For more information, click here.health law policy job public health